On 11/07/2011 12:24 AM, Székelyi Szabolcs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to exploit more than one Ethernet interface on the initiator side
> for
> improved performance and availablity. Actually what I want to do is to log in
> from all initiator interfaces to all target interfaces creating a full mesh
> of
> connections. The target side is OK, I can use the different IP addresses and
> IQNs assigned to different interfaces, but how can I instruct open-iscsi to
> use
> a specific interface on the initiator side for a particular connection? I
> tried
> creating multiple interfaces (-m iface -I <iface> -o new) and to create nodes
> with the new interface (-m node -I <iface> -o new) , but when I add the node
> with the same target IQN, same target IP, but different interface, it seems
> silently overwrite the one already in the database. How can I achieve this?

You can do it at discovery time

iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip -I iface0 -I iface1 -I iface2...
or
iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip -I iface0
iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip -I iface1 -o new
iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip -I iface2 -o new

or you can set it up manually

// make sure for these commands you pass in the address:port,tpgt in
that format (like what you see when you iscsiadm -m node -P 1). If you
just pass in the address it will think you are doing old style commands
and only let you have one iface per portal.

iscsiadm -m node -T target -p address:port,tpgt -I iface0 -o new

iscsiadm -m node -T target -p address:port,tpgt -I iface1 -o new

iscsiadm -m node -T target -p address:port,tpgt -I iface2 -o new