On 03/30/2012 03:36 PM, iscsi developer man wrote:
> I'm trying to debug the following open-iscsi initiator errors that are
> reported in /var/log/messages:

Is there something before this in the logs?

It is rare to see this error value. I have only have seen this when the
scsi eh runs and we are sending aborts and resets and the target and
initiator get out of sync and we end up seeing a task response for a
task we thought was aborted or cleaned up from a abort.

Trying doing

echo 1 > /sys/modules/libiscsi/parameters/debug_libiscsi_eh

Then rerun your targets. Do you see something about aborts and resets
getting sent before the 1010 error,

> Mar 30 14:19:31 R415-08 kernel: [56802.859946]  connection194:0:
> detected conn error (1010)
> Mar 30 14:19:34 R415-08 kernel: [56805.373323]  connection194:0:
> detected conn error (1020)
> Mar 30 14:21:58 R415-08 kernel: [56949.620808]  connection117:0:
> detected conn error (1010)
> Mar 30 14:22:01 R415-08 kernel: [56952.634359]  connection117:0:
> detected conn error (1020)
>
> From the investigation I've done so far, the "1010" error means
> ISCSI_ERR_BAD_ITT, which I assume means that the initiator received an
> iSCSI PDU that contained an ITT that was unexpected.
>
> The "1020" error always follows the 1010 error and it apparently means
> the initiator closed the connection, is that correct?

You normally see it when the target closes the connection on us, but
with some targets you can see it if we send a logout. The target might
send the logout response and close the connection really quickly and
before we completely handle the logout response we see the connection
closed event notification.

> Is there a way to get the unexpected ITT so I can compare it to the
> iSCSI target debug logs and a wireshark network trace?

Not really. It is normally a bad target type of issue, or a race/code bug.

> Would setting the iscsid debug level to a non-zero value help?  If so,

No.