Hello Mike

On 12 mar, 02:54, Mike Christie <micha...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
> On 03/09/2013 05:58 AM, Guillaume wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I have a virtual tape library and a iscsi SAN. All have multiple
> > ethernet interfaces, This will ressult in multiples sessions to the
> > targets.So I wonder if I must use dm-multipath or not ? Does the current
>
> Does the device show up as a tape device or a block device?

The VTL device emulates robotics, LTO cartridges and LTO5 tape drives.
The SAN is a block device.

> > iscsi layer handle the multiple paths to an iqn or not ?
>
> > Another question about the output of "iscsiadm -m session" : the lines
> > of output begins by @IP:3260,n  where n is an integer. Is this number a
> > priority level in some way, or does it only distinguish multiple
> > sessions to the same iqn ?
>
> It is the iSCSI target portal group number. It is assigned by the
> target. You can use it to group portals together. If the initiator and
> target supports MC/s you could then do a iSCSI level multipathing called
> MC/s over portals with the same target portal group number. open-iscsi
> does not support MC/s

So what I understand is that I must use md-multipath to handle the
multiple path to the targets and give applications a unique path to
the tape or block devices. My storages systems support MC/S but my
linux boxes won't.