Hello,

 What version of FW is on the EQL array?   Any error messages on the EQL
array events?

 I work for Dell/Equallogic and I have no issues connecting up ubuntu 12.10
to EQL.    The only recent issue I've seen with 12.x is 12.04 the startup
scripts don't login to iSCSI after a reboot or on start up.

# iscsiadm -m session -P 1
Target:
iqn.2001-05.com.equallogic:4-52aed6-2fdd8cd64-5e6001a5b9d511bd-ubuntu-test-vol1
        Current Portal: 172.23.10.242:3260,1
        Persistent Portal: 172.23.10.240:3260,1
                **********
                Interface:
                **********
                Iface Name: eth1
                Iface Transport: tcp
                Iface Initiatorname: iqn.1993-08.org.debian:01:8ab9cf5340f0
                Iface IPaddress: 172.23.74.186
                Iface HWaddress: <empty>
                Iface Netdev: eth1
                SID: 1
                iSCSI Connection State: LOGGED IN
                iSCSI Session State: LOGGED_IN
                Internal iscsid Session State: NO CHANGE
        Current Portal: 172.23.10.204:3260,1
        Persistent Portal: 172.23.10.240:3260,1
                **********
                Interface:
                **********
                Iface Name: eth0
                Iface Transport: tcp
                Iface Initiatorname: iqn.1993-08.org.debian:01:8ab9cf5340f0
                Iface IPaddress: 172.23.71.231
                Iface HWaddress: <empty>
                Iface Netdev: eth0
                SID: 2
                iSCSI Connection State: LOGGED IN
                iSCSI Session State: LOGGED_IN
                Internal iscsid Session State: NO CHANGE

I'm curious why you don't want MPIO?

You'll need to modify /etc/sysctl.conf for MPIO

# ARP connection mods

net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore=1
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce=2
net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter=2

For ACLs I typically use the initiator name from the ubuntu server.   I.e.
iqn.1993-08.org.debian:01:8ab9cf5340f0

Have you opened a case with Dell?    While not a 'supported' OS, we will do
best effort to assist you.

 Can you dump the following?

$sudo iscsiadm -m node

$sudo iscsiadm -m session

$sudo iscsiadm -m iface

$sudo iscsiadm -m discovery

Do you have a NIC that is on the same subnet as the array or are you
routing to the SAN?

NICs on the same subnet is the preferred way.

Regards,

Don