On 06/07/2013 12:55 AM, Bubuli Nayak wrote:
> Hello experts,
>
> I have learnt from MIke and others comment that multipath failover would
> be driven by nop timout + nop interval + replacement_timeout seconds.
>
> My question is what is the impact I set replacement_timeout to 0. I know
> if NOPOUT interval is low , more frequently iSCSI initiator would send
> the commands.

It depends on the iscsi tools and kernel version you have. If in
iscsid.conf you see the chunk about if the value is 0 it will be failed
immediately and you have a recent kernel like 3.0 or newer or distro
like RHEL 6 or SLES 11 then if you set it to 0 then it there will be no
delay and IO will be failed as soon as we detect a error.

# To specify the length of time to wait for session re-establishment
# before failing SCSI commands back to the application when running
# the Linux SCSI Layer error handler, edit the line.
# The value is in seconds and the default is 120 seconds.
# Special values:
# - If the value is 0, IO will be failed immediately.
# - If the value is less than 0, IO will remain queued until the session
# is logged back in, or until the user runs the logout command.