I'm currently working on adding open-iscsi hardware transport support to
openstack. The iscsiadm component resides in nova.

As far as I know, iscsiadm has no way to automatically figuring out what
transport to use based simply on on a remote portal/iqn/ip without some sort of
manual discovery. Hence, my current approach is to provide a transport
parameter in the openstack config file where you specify what iface file to use
 and perhaps the ip address as well. If anyone has a suggestion for a better
approach to this, please let me know.

Initial spec has been posted for review at
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130721/
-Anish

One socket to bind them all.