On Feb 6, 2015, at 8:49 AM, Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas.ecar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> My setup is described here in details :
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/open-iscsi/ivprFF9hklY/mkVPHo5q1p0J
> but now I have another issue.
>
> I'm trying to connect 2 NICs to a SAN that presents 2 ip, and all that is on
> the same subnet and on the same switch.
> I read some old comments on old threads (< 2006) that discouraged that, and
> one answer of Mike also said the same :
> I think you might hit some issues or at least not get what you expect
> with both network interfaces on the same subnet, but using the default
> iscsi default iface.
> (though I don't understand the very last part after the comma)
>
> But I hoped the situation had improved since, and that some limitations had
> gone.
> Indeed, when re-re-re-reading the doc page of open-iscsi, I see nowhere
> advicing against having two NICs on the same subnet.
>
> So I tried and got that :
> - both NICs (em3 and em4) can ping the 2 SAN's ip
> - With iscsiadm, I'm adding iface0 and iface1, and I specify the MAC hardware
> address of the corresponding em3 and em4
> - When discovering, all seems to work well
> - When login in, it is failing in a way it seems I'm not allowed to connect
> using both ifaces at the same time.
>
> When trying to log in, I specify the iface0, and the login to the 2 SAN ip is
> working well.
> But then, doing the same with iface1 is failing, with a kernel errror message
> :
> iscsid: conn 0 login rejected: target error (03/02)
> And after having logout, trying the same way around with iface1 first results
> in the same behavior.

That is weird. I have never seen it before for this type of setup. The iscsi
tools are able to do tcp connections through the different iscsi faces and
nics, but in this case the target is returning a error:

   Out of        | 0302 | The target has insufficient session,
   resources     |      | connection, or other resources.

You probably need to contact EMC to get info on its limitations or on how to
set it up for this type of setup.

When you only have one session connected, if you do
iscsiadm -m node -T yourtarget -p ip -I iface_you_are_already_logged_in -o new
does this login ok? If you do
iscsiadm -m session -P 3
do you see 2 sessions?