From: open-iscsi@googlegroups.com [mailto:open-iscsi@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Mike Christie
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 11:01 AM
To: open-iscsi@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Problem setting host net params via iscsiuio on first try: bad
error message

On 03/09/2015 08:54 PM, Lee Duncan wrote:
> Hi Mike:
>
> I am *finally* getting to this bug, previously buried under a mountain of
> more pressing matters.
>
>> On Jan 12, 2015, at 12:50 PM, Mike Christie <micha...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks. I merged and pushed these patches.
>>
>> When you get some time, reply to that mail I sent offlist about how
>> long it is taking for the set host net params to succeed, so I can
>> fix my login/init patch as needed.
>
> I have looked at this problem again, and I will reply in a new email
> tomorrow. Fair warning. :)

:)

Hey,

Attached is the patch that was modifying iscsid's code path which from what I
understand handled the same problem you were handling in the iscsiadm's
discovery code path.

The patch is removing the iscsiuio specific calls in iscsid and using the
generic initial login/connect retry code. It is currently retrying for up to
login_timeout seconds instead of the hard coded 5 seconds.

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

Open-iscsi README specified a bug in iscsiadm discovery:

"Be aware that iscsiadm will use the default route to do discovery. It will
not use the iface specified. So if you are using a offload card, you will need
a separate network connection to the target for discovery purposes.
*This will be fixed in the next version of open-iscsi*"

Is there already a fix for this?  When the fix is planned to be released?

Thanks.

--- End Message ---