On 15-07-06 05:57 PM, Anish Bhatt wrote:
> Replying for visibility as open-lldp bounced the original message.

Hi Anish, I believe I tracked down why you were getting bounced
and resolved it. We will see.

> On Monday, July 6, 2015 at 5:40:24 PM UTC-7, Anish Bhatt wrote:
>
>     I was trying to use the /sk_cgrp_prioidx/ value to find correct dcb
>     priority for iscsi (using /cgdcbxd/ + /cgrulesengd/ as recommended
>     by http://open-lldp.org/dcb_overview
>     <http://open-lldp.org/dcb_overview>). The /sk_cgrp_prioidx/ index
>     into /netprio_map/ hangs off of /struck sock/, and the particular
>     iscsi offload driver I’m working with (cxgb4i) does not actually use
>     struck sock at all. From a preliminary glance, other open-iscsi
>     offload transports do not seem to use a /struck sock/ either (don’t
>     quote me on this ) leaving them unable to actually find the priority
>     index into /netprio_map/.

I haven't used any of the offload drivers personally.

>     Is there a suggested way for such drivers to use /netprio_map/ ?
>     /cgdcbxd/’s cgroup creation is working fine (using our firmware dcb
>     state machine + dcbnl_ops, no open-lldp) and I can use I can call
>     /task_netprioidx()/ at connection time provided I use /cgexec/ with
>     /iscsid/ to get the correct index into /netprio_map/. Not sure if
>     this is the best approach however, does anyone have a better
>     suggestion ? Would it make sense for the /sk_cgrp_prioidx/ to hang
>     off the skb or have /libiscsi/ provide this value to open-iscsi
>     transports for a more generic implementation ?

I wouldn't want to add this to the skb. We would prefer to make the
skbuff smaller not larger at this point.

If you can think up a more generic mechanism to add it to libiscsi
without being overly intrusive that seems reasonable to me. At the
moment I don't have any better suggestions.

Thanks,
John