Hi ,

Thanks for your patience  regarding my questions. Because after I had dug
(digged) very older posts, I realized
many of the older posts already had answers for many of my earlier
questions :). After your couple of answers and going
through old posts, I have a better understanding of *user land* and *kernel
land*.

Now one more point.

*Kernel land: *
While we are at kernel land, I have a confusion on that.
AFAIK in linux kernel, the linux *block layer* is a glue that, on the one
hand, allows applications to access
diverse storage devices
in a uniform way, and on the other hand,
provides storage devices and drivers with a single point of entry from all
applications.
I mean this Linux OS (host) block layer is the most
critical part of the I/O hierarchy, as it orchestrates the I/O
requests from different applications to the underlying storage.

*Question:*
So in context of *Open-iSCSI*, where does the user-land interacts the block
layer in the kernel land? I
mean, when it comes to kernel land, why we are considering only
*scsi_transport_iscsi.c* and *iscsi_tcp.c* codes? Shouldn't
the block request go through block layer?

As always, thanks in advance :)