Thanks, I'll open a JIRA report and take a crack at a solution.

On 2/7/07, Craig L Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

On Feb 7, 2007, at 1:55 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

>> It's coming from the generated bytecode which expects there
>> to be a getId
>> method that returns the same type of the Id, however
>> java.sql.Date is using
>> the same ID class as java.util.Date. Do we need a separate class for
>> java.sql.Date ?
>
> It looks like we either need a separate type for java.sql.Date (and
> presumably java.sql.Timestamp), or we need to change the logic to
> accept
> a getId() method that returns a type that is assignable from the id
> field's type.

It's probably cleaner if we have separate classes for the different
types. That is, have the getId method in the new
org.apache.openjpa.util.SQLDateId return the proper type
(java.sql.Date). After all, java.sql.{Date, Time, Timestamp} are not
really the same as java.util.Date.

Craig

> -Patrick
>
> --