Hi Martin,
I am not sure if anybody would listen. I could compile OpenSCAP 1.2.9 on Ubuntu
Trusty.

Get https://fedorahosted.org/releases/o/p/openscap/openscap-1.2.9.tar.gz

====================
Install dependencies
====================
aptitude install gcc
aptitude install libcurl4-gnutls-dev
aptitude install libxml2-dev
aptitude install libxslt-dev
aptitude install libpcre++-dev
aptitude install libbz2-dev
aptitude install swig
aptitude install python2.7-dev

================
Compile OpenSCAP
================
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install

I find myself compiling OpenSCAP on quite a few unusual platforms. Do you think
it would make sense to have a place on Github where I could document the above
steps? It takes around half a day to get through the dependencies and
sequencing. If we document it somewhere, it might help others who are starting
to do a similar exercise.

Please let me know.

Thanks and regards,
Pravin Goyal