----- Original Message -----

Hi Rocio!

> I’m creating some checks for iptables. For a few of them, I’m using SCE with
> OSCAP.
>
> If I execute the oscap command with separated files (xccdf, oval, scripts…)
> everything works as expected.
>
> Now I’m trying to get one data stream file with everything inside.
>
> I followed this tutorial http://isimluk.livejournal.com/3660.html
> <http://isimluk.livejournal.com/3660.html> in order to get the ds file. But
> I’m getting this errors:
>
> [root@localhost SCETest]#  /usr/local/bin/oscap ds sds-compose
> iptables-xccdf.xml iptables-datastream.xml
> File '/home/leia/SCETest/iptables-datastream.xml' line 2: Element
> '{http://scap.nist.gov/schema/scap/source/1.2}extended-components': This
> element is not expected. Expected is (
> {http://scap.nist.gov/schema/scap/source/1.2}checks ).
> OpenSCAP Error: Invalid SCAP Source Datastream (1.2) content in
> /home/leia/SCETest/iptables-datastream.xml. [oscap_source.c:319]

Source DataStream requires the <checks> element to be present and have at
least one check component. As a simple workaround I recommend adding a rule
that references an OVAL file. The OVAL file can have only one check -
the check referenced by the Rule.

With this workaround the validation requirements of SDS will be fulfilled.

> And if I try to execute the oscap command with the created file I get this:
>
> [root@localhost SCETest]# /usr/local/bin/oscap xccdf eval --profile
> xccdf_com.wazuh.test_profile_Test --results report.xml iptables-ds.xml
> OpenSCAP Error: File 'iptables-ds.xml' line 2: Element
> '{http://scap.nist.gov/schema/scap/source/1.2}extended-components': This
> element is not expected. Expected is (
> {http://scap.nist.gov/schema/scap/source/1.2}checks ).
>  [xccdf_session.c:457]
> Invalid SCAP Source Datastream (1.2) content in iptables-ds.xml.
> [oscap_source.c:319]
> Invalid SCAP Source Datastream (1.2) content in iptables-ds.xml
> [xccdf_session.c:504]
>
> I assume that is the same error…

Yes, this is the same error.

> Maybe someone can help me with this. I really appreciate your help!

Hope this helps!

--
Martin Preisler
Identity Management and Platform Security | Red Hat, Inc.