Marek,
  Thank you for your reply.  While I understand how it can be difficult to
compare between versions, I've found it very useful to do so.  I've written a
very rough hack (as in, one step better than a stone axe) that will compare
multiple profile/content pairs, and/or customizations.  This includes trying to
apply one customization to a more recent profile/content.  It basically loops
over the rules, showing where any of the input files 'differ'.  Isn't perfect,
but it does help highlight places where things have issues.  If my management
allows, I may make this available to the community.
  I have seen the issue regarding update to a tailoring file.  I'd actually
gotten to the point of manually tweaking my tailoring file as I need to make
changes, using an 'expendable' tailoring file to get the new lines.  Do you
know if this is on the list of things to be fixed at some point?

Sincerely,
  Rob Sanders

Robert Sanders
Sr. Secure Systems Engineer