I need help on openscap SSG project.

I am currently exploring SCAP Auditing feature from Nessus console. I
understood that Nessus supports SCAP Content (1.0 or 1.1 or 1.2) which can
be downloaded from NIST repository (https://nvd.nist.gov/ncp/repository)
based on the target host version. This works great, However when i use SCAP
from OpenSCAP SSG (example "ssg-rhel6-ds.xml”), i am getting error as
“sg-rhel6-ds. .zip :  sg-rhel6-ds.xml failed XML Schema validation” .

I would like to what is the difference between openSSG scap data stream &
scap1.2 content downloaded from NIST repository. How i can convert openssg
data stream (Example - ssg-rhel6-ds.xml) to NIST scap 1.2 format.

My objective - To use openscap SSG from Nessus. Nessus scap scanning
expects SCAP 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2 content(in zip format).

Thanks in advance!