Hi William,

it seems that you are using the option to fetch remote resources when
performing a scan. This feature requires access to a remote server which
hosts this extra file (which usually is used to check CVE's [1]). One way
to workaround this would be hosting this file by yourself and change the
datastream [2] to point to your localhost file (python3 enable you to do
that in a simple way. python3 -m http.server), but keep in mind that
updating this file would be under your control.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

[1]
https://github.com/ComplianceAsCode/content/blob/master/linux_os/guide/system/software/updating/security_patches_up_to_date/rule.yml#L60
[2] /usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/ssg-<product>-ds.xml or
/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/ssg-<product>-xccdf.xml

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 10:47 PM Boucher, William <william.bouc...@mza.com>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> I’m using SCAP Workbench with Open SCAP to remediate CentOS 7.5 (actually
> RedHawk 7.5) systems to evaluate and apply the DISA STIG controls.
>

> My problem isn’t in getting this to work, I’m networked to the system I am
> applying controls to and remediation and report generation works fine.
>

> However, when SCAP Workbench begins a scan it downloads the latest rules
> from the internet and uses the downloaded material to perform, the
> scan/remediation.
>

> This is fine for trying things out, but ultimately what I need this for is
> to harden systems that may not ever touch or be connected to the internet.
>

> How can I configure SCAP Workbench to use files I download elsewhere and
> installed manually on the system running SCAP Workbench.
>

> All of these wonderful tools are useless to me unless I can do this
> without internet. The customer demands this.
>

> Help.
>

> Thanks,
>

>                 --Bill
>

> William B. Boucher, BSEE