A new Job, ID: 187386 <http://ejobsville.com/display-job/187386> was added
at eJobsVille.com - For the Best Tech Jobs in Town <http://ejobsville.com/>

Title:  Quality Automation Engineer  posted on 2014-06-11 17:03:44

Job Description:*Job Description*

We are a dedicated global team of analysts, software engineers, and quality
engineers who are looking for exceptional talent.  We are looking for
individuals with a can-do attitude who are able to adapt to an ever
changing environment.  This is an Agile software development organization
requiring critical thinking skills as it relates to testing software that
is “emergent”.  As a member of Quality Engineering team, we look for you to
be a team member on Scrum driven projects with a focus on test automation.

*Essential Duties:*

·         Responsible for working with the project team to define the scope
for testing within the context of each sprint / delivery
·         Clearly communicate to relevant parties related to status of
testing activities
·         Comprehend user stories to understand task items per story in the
context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and
regression)
·         Assist key business users (product owners) with backlog creation
and grooming
·         Strengthen the presence of our department as an Agile Center of
Excellence
·         Perform ad hoc / exploratory testing methodically to ensure
system is working as expected by end user
·         Track testing progress and defects via JIRA
·         Responsible for authoring automated test suites.
o    Front end GUI automation via Java and Selenium Webdriver (Not Selenium
IDE) / Sikuli
o    Service layer testing (SOAP and RESTful) using SOAP UI and Java
o    Please Note: The QA Automation Engineer will *author* Java code
(automation is *not* record and playback)
·         Ensure proper documentation related to testing deliverables and
lessons learned
·         Participate in the process to continually enhance best practices
for quality assurance

*Required Skills:*

·         Good experience coding in Java (Perl is a bonus but not required)
·         Experience in Junit is a plus
·         Excellent technical acumen and ability to learn new software
quickly
·         Enthusiastic and fun individual with an attitude of team
empowerment
·         Deep interest & curiosity for learning new things and doing
things better
·         Experience with testing in an Agile environment
·         Good communication skills
·         Strong knowledge of traditional testing methodologies and how it
applies exploratory testing in an Agile environment
·         Knowledge of test driven development and the virtues of unit
testing is a plus

*Education / Experience:*
·         4 year bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technical discipline, or 5
years of experience in a technical industry as a quality assurance
professional

*Click here to view full job description and apply
<http://ejobsville.com/display-job/187386>  (Registration not mandatory to
apply for this job)*