A new Job, ID: 220328 <http://www.ejobsville.com/display-job/220328> was
added at eJobsVille.com - For the Best Tech Jobs in Town
<http://www.ejobsville.com/>

Title:  Sharepoint Developer  posted on 2014-08-06 14:12:40

Job Description:
Hi,

We are looking for *Sharepoint Developer in CT *

*Job Title: Sharepoint Developer*
*Duration: 5 Months  Contract *
*Location: Hartford,CT*
*Client: Travelers*

*The Travelers IT Education department provides technical training and
curricula for IT disciplines. The department is seeking an application
developer to provide enhancements and maintenance for two key applications:
Travelers ITUniversity (ITU) and IT Education Express (ITEX). *

*ITUniversity *

*Travelers ITUniversity (ITU) is a virtual university built on top of
SharePoint 2010. The incumbent will develop code for additional
enhancements and provide ongoing maintenance. Experience with
HTML/CSS/JavaScript is required as most of the front-end elements were
written in these three languages. *

*For the back end, the candidate should have experience using and
configuring SharePoint. Knowledge of these tools will also be essential for
ongoing development: CAML Query, SPServices (a jQuery library used to
access SharePoint features). *

*Currently, the ITU database is simply a collection of SharePoint lists,
but there are long-term plans to utilize an existing database hosted on the
same server as IT Education Express (ITEX), so experience creating and
administering SQL databases will also be helpful. *

*Preferred skills (we are willing to provide training as needed): *
*•           HTML5 *
*•           CSS3 *
*•           JavaScript *
*•           jQuery / SPServices *
*•           CAML Query *
*•           SharePoint 2010 *

*Optional skills: *
*•           Business Connectivity Services (BCS) *

*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*
*ITEX *

*IT Education Express’ (ITEX) was internally developed to manage the
administrative details of the department’s services/products and charge
back the training costs to the students’ responsibility codes. The
department is seeking a technologist to learn the application and provide
backup support for maintenance and enhancements. *

*The application’s front end was primarily written in VB .NET, with a small
amount of C# mixed in throughout the codebase. Though our server supports
the latest versions of the .NET Framework (3.5/4.0) and we leverage some of
the newer AJAX features in certain areas, most of the code was written to
target version 2.0 base functionality. *
*Visual Studio does quite a bit of the user interface coding automatically,
so experience with HTML, CSS and JavaScript is highly desirable but not
required. *

*The database currently exists on SQL Server 2012. Changes to the queries
or creation of new queries might be necessary, so some fundamental
experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) would be helpful, but not
required. *

*Preferred skills (we are willing to provide training as needed): *
*•           ASP.NET <http://ASP.NET>, either VB (or C#) – Framework
version 2.0 or greater *
*•           Familiarity with HTML/JavaScript/CSS *

*Optional Skills *
*•           SQL *
*•           AJAX*
-------
*-------*

Salary: 60

*Click here to view full job description and apply
<http://www.ejobsville.com/display-job/220328>  (Registration not mandatory
to apply for this job)*