Tracker item #3608647, was opened at 2013-03-20 15:42
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by dtor
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=989708&aid=3608647&group_id=204462

not just the latest update.
Category: guestd
Group: None

Initial Comment:
$ ./configure --without-dnet --without-x --without-icu
CFLAGS='-Wno-deprecated-declarations -static -fPIC' --without-pam
--without-procps LDFLAGS=-static CXXFLAGS=-static

I'm trying to compile open-vm-tools statically linked. I've been able to
compile it, but vmtoolsd is still dynamically linked. It may be worth noting
that glib is version 2.34.3. Has anybody tried this? Is there a better way to
do it?

Date: 2013-04-24 09:11

Message:
vmtoolsd uses dynamic loader to load various plufgins (such as guestinfo,
timesync, backup, etc).