---- On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 18:55:38 +0100 Ken Hornstein <k...@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
wrote ----
 > >The problem is, since GCC became smart enough to detect
 > >possible fall-through, tcpdump started to have 4
 > >fall-through compiler warnings in that file, please see
 > >https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/tcpdump/issues/618 for the exact
 > >details.
 >
 > I was the original author of that file (although it's obviously been
 > changed since my original contribution), so I can take a look at it if
 > you want.  The AFS protocol hasn't really changed much since then except
 > with the addition of some new RPCs.

Thank you for the offer Ken. Please take a look if you can, feel free to send
tcpdump-specific comments to the tcpdump-workers mailing list if you want.

The master branch of tcpdump lives at
https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/tcpdump

"touch .devel" before "./configure" will enable all warnings for the tcpdump
build and yield current line numbers (the bug report is 1 year old). I am not
sure which version of GCC started to report those issues, version 7.3.0
definitely does it.

--
    Denis Ovsienko