I tried to cross-compile openafs-1.8 for ARM64 on an X86-64 build system and
found that openafs compiles several build-time tools, notably compile_et, rxgen
and config. They obviously fail to be usable during build time.

I made a proof-of-concept patch, which undoubtedly may need improvement, but I
wanted to ask for comments on the direction to improve it.

Also, I haven't found any information on how to submit patches or PRs.

So I stop this message at this point waiting for interest and instructions.
Once I can make the patch available, I'd be happy to point out my ideas behind
it.

Kind regards,
Michael