hy ,

may be i am wrong , but i see only one client accessing your System in case of the AFS test .
you have to use concurrent accesses to the same data , to get performance improvement against NFS .
to compare the speed between 1 NFS to 1 AFS client is okay and you are right , NFS is faster in this case .
but with multiple clients it's not and that is in fact , how you usually utilize a Fileserver.

Sven

Dept. 4192 , AIS Infrastructure
Development Leader Stonehenge
Phone (+49)-6131-84-3151
Fax      (+49)-6131-84-6708
Mobil   (+49)-171-970-6664
E-Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Questions on Stonehenge : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Andrei Maslennikov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

06/24/2003 07:53 PM