Jason C. Wells wrote:

Today I can no longer get tokens. I get the error:

        The AFS Client was unable to obtain tokens as jcw in cell
        stradamotorsports.com.

Error: 11862791 (AFS service my not have started)

I cannot get tokens using MIT aklog either. I get the same error. I
cannot gain access to /afs via system:anyuser either, so there is more to
it than just token issues. A CIFS network server stub appears in
network neighborhood as \\W13-FS\afs.

Is this a typo? If not, that name will not be used.

If I purposefully enter an incorrect username, I get "Error 8: (user does
not exist)" so it seems that afscreds.exe is talking to the kaserver.

It appears that the AFS service is running, both from the task manager and
from the AFS Client configuration dialog.

Strangely, the 'afsd_service.exe' process appears in task manager as
'afsd_service.ex'. Perhaps that is normal?

Its not.

The netbios name "W13-AFS" appears as expected in 'nbtstat -n'.

on which network adapters?

From what I have observed, I guess that the windows cache manager is
misbehaving. I have no idea how to fix it.

The netbios name registration is not valid.  The SMB client cannot find the
AFS Client Service SMB server registrations.  Another possibility is that
the RPC service is failing.

Everything is working, 'cept it ain't. Any ideas? Any troubleshooting
techniques?

Look at the afsd_init.log and turn on event logging.