On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Moose Finklestein wrote:

Oh, please don't tell me we have a naming collision here.

Have we?

"Supergroups," as I always learned from Day 1 of AFS, are pts negative
IDs that are created by an admin so that it and it's subgroups can be
manipulated by more than one person.

Can you show me a group with an positive ID? I bet you can't.

Call me pedantic, but I'd like to see we don't use the same term for
two different things.

Perhaps you should use the term "self-owned group", as the AFS Administrator Guide does:

http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/AdminGuide/auagd019.htm#HDRWQ547

Chris
--
Chris Huebsch    www.huebsch-gemacht.de | TU Chemmnitz, Informatik, RNVS
GPG-Encrypted mail welcome! ID:7F2B4DBA |   Str. d. Nationen 62, B204