On Jan 26, 2005, at 6:35 PM, Hans-Gunther Borrmann wrote:

Hello all,

during the migration from TRANSARC fileservers to OpenAFS namei fileservers I
ran into major problems. One is now:

I cannot dump volumes which reside on the OpenAFS Fileserver

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:www]# vos dump www.uniradio.var -file /tmp/dumptest
Error in rx_EndCall
VOLSER: Problems encountered in doing the dump !
Error in vos dump command.
VOLSER: Problems encountered in doing the dump !

The VolserLog shows:
Wed Jan 26 18:30:00 2005 1 Volser: DumpFile: no memory

If it is what I think it is ... and I definitely have to go test it a little more than that would be a bug related to one I fixed some time ago.

The filesize in the AIX stat is 64bit and if you give that value to a malloc you'll get what the higher 32bits of that number are saying (we have a big endian machine) and in 90% of the cases that's 0. ;-)

Horst