Christoph Ziegler wrote:

We have a problem with OpenAFS1.3.7700 (also with 1.3.7801 or 1.3.7702) on terminal servers (Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition). Users can work with all applications, also with AFS. But if more than one users work at the same time activ with AFS (e.g. copying at the same time), then AFS Client (afsd_service.exe) is changing to a not interrupted status. The service OpenAFS is not stoppable ("the AFS Client Service is stopping"). Has anyone a tip for us?

Christoph

There is a known deadlock condition in all versions of AFS for Windows which can occur if a revoke callback rpc is received by the client while
the client is attempting to perform a fetch status or bulk status rpc.
The likelihood of this condition being reached is far greater on a multi-user machine than on a single-user machine.

Depending on how your AFS servers are configured it is more likely
to occur as well.  For example, if you have the Callback Break Later
patch installed on your servers (included in 1.3.79) and/or if your
servers release volumes on a frequent basis.

I do not have a public build which fixes this problem at the current time. I hope to very soon now.

Jeffrey Altman