On Mar 31, 2005, at 3:21 PM, Steve Devine wrote:

Original Problem
Suse 9.0 running OpenAfs 1.2.13
Every 24~25 days the bosserver and volserver quits running and a reboot is required.
This even affects my db server which is not running any fileserver processes.

Latest tests:
1. Running one server Suse 9.0 with newer version of OpenAfs 1.3.78
Still failed at 25 day mark.
One difference is the volservers kept running.

2. Running one server Suse9.2 with with newer version of OpenAfs 1.3.78
Still failed at 25 day mark.
Volservers kept running.

So far the only 'fix' for this is to "bos setrestart " them for a set time every week.
I doesn't matter what the load is on these machines the bosserver checks out somewhere around the 24th day and 22 ~24th hour.

Sounds a lot like 2 Giga-seconds ;-)

Horst