Horst Birthelmer wrote:

On Apr 20, 2005, at 12:24 AM, rogbazan wrote:

Hi,
i´m installing a client on a HP-UX, i knew that the file system type
where /usr/vice and /usr/vice/etc will be has to be (and only) hfs, is
that correct?

I don't remember anything like that and I'm pretty sure I've done it on some other file system, too.
What you refer to, might be the restriction on the AFS cache.
Try using memcache, if you're unsure you have the right file system. I'm using memcache and it works.

The cache should be hfs for example the fstab entry looks like:

/dev/vg00/lvol9 /usr/vice/cache hfs rw,suid,nolargefiles 0 2

Could i create those dirs on a volume manager FS?

I've done that, too, and the machine didn't bite me :-)
but again not for the cache, only for the files to sit around.

BTW, what version of HP-UX? All my statements are true for HP-UX 11.11 and undefined for the rest :-)

I have built OpenAFS 1.3.81 for hp_ux110, hp_ux11i, ia64_hpux123 and for hp_ux1123. So far we have only tested the new hp_ux1123.

If any of you are interested in testing these, drop me a note.

 Douglas E. Engert  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439