What do you have the service set to?   DISABLED or MANUAL?

Have you turned on Integrated Login logging to the Windows Event Log?
If so, what does it report? If not, please do so.

Regkey:
[HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TransarcAFSDaemon\Parameters]

Value  : TraceOption
Type   : DWORD 1

Jeffrey Altman