Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> Hm; I thought you could usually turn that off.
> Anyway, I suspected that might be the problem, but then why the .tar.tar ?

Because on Windows, it is the file extension that is important to
distinguish the type of the file.   So the browser is looking at the
mime type, finding that the current extensions does not match the
registered extension for the mime type, and is appending it.

This of course gets really confusing because it is also going to try to
process the file through the decompressor because of the original
extension assuming something registered for that as well.

----

As for my opinion on the content of this thread:

* I understand Rodney's point about wanting a web site that he can point
  administrators to that is as professional as a company with a billion
  dollars in revenue.   However, he must remember that we are not a
  company, we don't have a million dollars in revenue, in fact we don't
  have any revenue at all.

* Jeff is correct that our core competency is software development and
  AFS administration.

* I agree that all of us have too much to do and are a bit stressed out

Proposed solution:

* People should get a life.

* If there are obvious bugs to report in the software, documentation,
  or web site.  File a report to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and it can
  get fixed.

Jeffrey Altman