Ok ok, I've observed that it was an oversite, and have already downloaded the TAR file itself. WinZIP can deal with TARs directly, even though they aren't compressed. I'm not really interested in having every compression tool under the sun (Microsystems? ... pun) installed. I'm also willing to accept that there's something misconfigured on my machine(s) relating to the MIME types that prevent IE from saving a "...tar.gz", or "...tar.bz2". I'll just keep renaming it once it gets saved.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to seeing ".gz" again.

Rodney

Rodney