Quoting Charles Duffy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Karl E. Kelley wrote:
There would also probably be some disruption due to having
separate rpms for each kernel version as well, this doesn't cause a problem
manually installing the rpms, but it is likely to cause at least many warnings
from up2date, which will want to install the latest rpm, and if the system
doesn't have the latest kernel installed, up2date will complain.

It almost sounds like it might be interesting to try to build a DKMS package for OpenAFS to automate this process [installing a precompiled binary for the active kernel if available, compiling one if not].

One could certainly posit a return to the "single RPM of all kernel modules"
approach. It all depends on the target audience of the RPMs. Considering that up2date will also install updated kernels I see little reason to not put all the
openafs modules there, too.  I mean, how does up2date deal with the various
redhat-distributed LKM RPMs?

-derek

      [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        PGP key available