Enrico M. V. Fasanelli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just installed 1.4.1-rc6 on my Tiger (10.4.4 on PowerPC PowerBook) and
> tried to get my AFS token using aklog. The result is:
>
>    pathfinder:~ enrico$ aklog -d
>    Authenticating to cell le.infn.it (server afs01.le.infn.it).
>    We've deduced that we need to authenticate to realm LE.INFN.IT.
>    Getting tickets: afs/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>    Kerberos error code returned by get_cred: -1765328324
>    aklog: Couldn't get le.infn.it AFS tickets:
>    aklog: Generic error (see e-text) while getting AFS tickets

The KDC is returning a generic error not principal not found.
Therefore, the aklog expects the KDC is simply broken and does not
try a different principal name.

If you can examine the exchange in a network monitor or review
the KDC logs, what is the error text in the KRB-ERROR response?

Jeffrey Altman