Ken Hornstein wrote:
>> If there are things you would like Apple to do in order to make
>> AFS work better on their operating system, find your campus Apple
>> sales representative and tell them.  It is the only way that things
>> will get better.   Apple won't make changes in Tiger but if you tell
>> them what you need they might make changes for Leopard.
>
> I know that the OpenAFS people can't do anything about this ... but
> we've tried that, and I get the sense that the comments never make it
> upstream.  It's also not clear who our sales rep _is_ ... I know it's
> some guy in Apple Federal, but I keep getting different names every
> time I ask.  I know we complain, but the complaints never seem to make
> it to the people that matter (part of the problem: I have no way of
> checking that they _do_ make it).  When I do manage to talk to someone
> in sales, I get a sort of noncommittal answer that always sound like
> a blow-off to me, and I just _know_ that they are ignoring me.
>
> --Ken

The gatekeepers have an open channel to Apple on AFS but we really
need issues to be filed via the Apple Sales staff.  Other organizations
have gotten Apple's attention by refusing to order new equipment with
Tiger installed until an OpenAFS stable release is available.   I'm not
suggesting you do the same; I'm only pointing out that the sales staff
can be motivated to serve your needs.

If that does not work for you, as a developer you can also file bug
reports via ADC.  If you are going to do so, please file a bug report
at [EMAIL PROTECTED] including the ADC Bug Reference number.

Jeffrey Altman