YMMV, but,

Personally, I'd like to be able to comment out the AFS start up and still have my system run after a reboot.  Since /etc/hosts is crucial (at least in Solaris) for the system to learn about itself, I would not make that info dependent on any other systems.

I have a similar feeling about /etc/resolv.conf.

I could imagine /etc/hosts.equiv being in AFS.  I no longer use r commands, so don't have this file on my systems..

I'm not sure what else might be suitable.

                Dan

David Bear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

07/27/2006 03:11 PM

Please respond to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

openafs <openafs-info@openafs.org>
cc
Subject
[OpenAFS] using afs for unix config files

I am wondering how wise it is to use afs to store config files like

/etc/hosts
/etc/resolv.conf

can anyone comment on their experience using afs to store these files
and which config files seem to be less well suited to putting in afs?

--
David Bear
phone:                  602-496-0424