Actually, rxk5 provides the kernel crypto (using k5ssl, a kerberos5 library implementation by Marcus). In recent versions, it can apparently do the usermod crypto, too.

It's true we've been working with the (user-mode, native) Linux cache manager only so far, but theoretically, the only required changes to support other Unix platforms are to the MakefileProto.YourPlatform.in files.

Matt

Jim Rees wrote:
There's also the issue of accessing in-kernel crypto if you want to use
something other than des.  I suspect rxk5 will probably work in the linux
cache manager to begin with, and require some help to work on other
platforms.

Matt Benjamin

The Linux Box
206 South Fifth Ave. Suite 150