Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
Mike Bydalek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks for the responses Russ and Ted. I read through everything, but
I'm still having problems that I can't figure out.

Here are the commands that I'm trying to execute on the new fileserver
(mars) where the database server is (earth). I have kadmin and aklog'd
as admin which belongs to the system:administrators group.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc# vos create mars.testbed.lan /vicepa common.mars

Could not change quota (error -1078215648), continuing...
VOLSER: permission denied, not a super user
Failed to end the transaction on the volume common.mars 536870924
VOLSER: permission denied, not a super user
Error in vos create command.
VOLSER: permission denied, not a super user

use bos adduser and make yourself a superuser or make sure you have proper tokens.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc# fs mkmount /afs/testbed.lan/common common.mars
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc# fs setacl /afs/testbed.lan/common system:anyuser rl
fs: File '/afs/testbed.lan/common' doesn't exist
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc# ls /afs/testbed.lan/common
ls: /afs/testbed.lan/common: No such device

vos examine common.mars

Does that volume actually exist?

So obviously something is wrong, but I can't figure out what's going
on. If I list the volumes, or try and re-create the same volume, I
get some interesting results:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc# vos listvol mars.testbed.lan
Total number of volumes on server mars.testbed.lan partition /vicepa:
0

Total volumes onLine 0 ; Total volumes offLine 0 ; Total busy 0

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc# vos create mars.testbed.lan /vicepa common.mars
Volume common.mars already exists

This could all be due to my initial botched attempt, but at this
point, I really don't know how to recover.

Hmm... try running vos syncserv and vos syncvldb.

-----

If you'd like more interactive responses, there are several of us on #openafs on the freenode IRC network. We can generally help people.

<<CDC
Run "bos listuser mars"

Steve Devine
Storage Systems
Academic Computing & Network Services
Michigan State University

506 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra