On Sep 18, 2006, at 15:02, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

That could be the bug fixed post 1.4.1

DELTA STABLE14-viced-writevalloc-dont-vtakeoffline-20060510

I had a couple problems like that lately, but it only was happening to read-onlys. Which were a pain in the butt, since I had to zap them, and it was on namei, so it was more of a pain in the butt to zap them. I had thought it was only a problem w/ 1.4.0, since I hadn't seen it since everything was upgraded to 1.4.1...

And it happened to my root.afs, on the second hour, of the first day of classes for the fall semester.

-rob