On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, seth vidal wrote:

Specifically I'm interested in how many of them can do:
 - volumeset backups or backup by wildcarded volume/partion names
 - full volume restores
 - directory restores preserving acls
 - individual file restores
 - incremental backups
 - backups spanning tapes
 - 100+GB volume backups and restores

The amanda solution can do all of this, though as has been stated elsewhere,
some assembly is required.

Mitch,
I think I have all the patches assembled now to make everything work
with amanda 2.5 and openafs 1.4.X. There is still one outstanding
problem with volset not getting the final volume in a list of volumes
but everything else appears to be working. Anyway, would you be
interested in a collection of all of these patches and maybe making a
new amanda-afs release that contains them?

Yes, that would be great.  My time to mess with this is pretty limited
at the moment but I need to get back to it sometime soon to do some
upgrade work on our installation here.

Let's take further discussion on this to the amanda-afs list.

-Mitch