On Feb 2, 2007, at 8:16 , Ronny Blomme wrote:

I am setting up openafs-1.4.2 client and server on FC4 with heimdal-0.7.2. I replaced the kas-server with kdc. When I login to this server with ssh, I get tickets/tokens (via / etc/pam.d/sshd). These initial tokens can be refreshed once with "kinit -R", but the new tickets have no "Flag=R" and so these tokens cannot be refreshed:
# kinit -R
kinit: krb5_get_kdc_cred: KDC can't fulfill requested option

When I get renewable tokens with
# kinit --renewable
the "Flag=R" does not disapear, and I can "kinit -R" serveral times.

I think something is wrong with my pam-setup, but I have no idea...

That has nothing to do with PAM; it's just that kinit defaults to not getting renewable tickets --- even if you're renewing a renewable ticket. We patched our kinit to default to renewable, since it's apparently considered evil to make that configurable :/ (heimdal used to make it configurable....)

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]