Server not found in database: afs/[EMAIL PROTECTED]: No such entry in the database

Just ignore this error, its kinit/pam modules trying to do afslog and tries diffrent names for the service. You might have a [EMAIL PROTECTED] if cellname and realmname
only differ in case-ing.

and at the same time in heimdal-kdc log I find:

AS-REQ [EMAIL PROTECTED] from IPv4:ipaddress for krbtgt/ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     Using des-cbc-crc/des-cbc-crc
     Requested flags: renewable_ok, proxiable, forwardable
     sending 493 bytes to IPv4:ipaddress
AS-REQ [EMAIL PROTECTED] from IPv4:ipaddress for krbtgt/ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     Using des-cbc-crc/des-cbc-crc
     Requested flags: renewable_ok, proxiable, forwardable
     sending 493 bytes to IPv4:ipaddress

To me this looks as though the login ought to have succeeded.
Any clarification welcome.

You should check for a TGS req just below it for host/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
that the hosts uses to verify the login.

Love