Chaskiel M Grundman wrote:
--On Friday, March 23, 2007 12:33:42 PM -0400 Christopher Allen Wing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes, this works; however, why do you want to use 32-bit user space?

Not that I know ken's reasoning, but here's why I would do so:

Because I already have a managed 32-bit environment, and creating a 64-bit version of that environment would take more effort than I can afford to spend (but building and testing a kernel and some kernel modules would not)

And sadly many user-land pieces still are not 64-bit clean. I know that I've had to fall back to 32-bit mode for several apps on my Solaris x86 server, as I didn't have the time & energy to fix the crappy source.

--
Carson