On Friday, March 30, 2007 01:25:31 PM +0200 FB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'll bet you also haven't tried it with a fileserver down.

Yes. Actually, my test cell has some fileservers and one of 3 db-servers
down-by-default. The only impact is a short delay on bootup of the
afs-client until ptdbnssd marked the db-server down.

Did I mention, that the nss-plug is just a very small piece of software,
talking to a local server process (ptdbnssd) which does the real
PTDB-stuff?

You did. I was talking about the case where you get shells or other information from users' home directories, and one of the fileservers housing user volumes is down, so you get to wait while it times out.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Sr. Research Systems Programmer