Am Sonntag, 8. April 2007 schrieb Melvin Wong:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# vos listaddrs
> afs1.ben.muveenet
> afs2.ben.muveenet
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# vos partinfo afs1.ben.muveenet
> Free space on partition /vicepa: 711420 K blocks out of total 734684
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# vos partinfo afs2.ben.muveenet
> Free space on partition /vicepa: 948956 K blocks out of total 983080
>
> I am trying to attain high availability as well as creating a big
> distributed storage space (hopefully it can reach 30-40 Tera) with many
> low-end servers. I've created the 1st afs server with home directory and
> the users can login and access their home folder without any problems.
> But I'm a bit lost on how should I further expand to afs2, afs3 and so
> on. If I create a home directory for my users on afs1, do I need to
> create the exact directory on my afs2? Appreciate for the all the help
> given.

You can now add read-only replicas for your volumes by using the "vos addsite"
command. However, it is not recommended to do this for volumes which should
be writeable most of the times (because afs always prefers the read-only
volume over the read-write one). As for the home volumes, I would "vos move"
some of them to the other server, so that a failure of one server doesn't
affect all users.

HTH...

        Dirk