Matthew Cocker wrote:
> Tonight we had 10 of our afs fielserver lockup. I had upgraded so to
> 1.4.4 but they dies as well. All run on redhat 3 up6. Only one process
> shows in ps listing and gcores on this process seem to give nothing. A
> pstack dump is below. Is it any good. This is now a real disaster and
> very weird. I have other fileserver that are setup identically which are
> not dying. The only difference is that these are on a different subnet
> and a different server room.
>
> Thread 22 (Thread -1218524240 (LWP 27894)):
> #0  0x0044cc84 in sigwait () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
> #1  0x08073a32 in ?? ()
> #2  0xb75ec9f0 in ?? ()
> #3  0xb75ec96c in ?? ()
> #4  0x00000000 in ?? ()

You will need to rebuild the server binaries without stripping the debug
info in order for the stack data to be truly useful.

The fact that your servers on another subnet are having no issues makes
me wonder if there are networking issues involved.  Perhaps a
mis-configured router or firewall.  Of course with so little data made
available to us it would be hard to point you in the right direction.

We don't know the states of the servers.  We don't know the states of
the clients.  We haven't seen any of the log data.