http://backuppc4afs.sourceforge.net/

It won't help with your current situation, but it does everything you want and is much easier to configure (via gui) than anything else I've seen.

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007, Brian Sebby wrote:

I ended up writing a script to use the commmand 'vos dump' to dump each
AFS volume to a local disk partition, then back up that partition with
standard backup utilities.  The 'vos dump' command creates a file on the
local disk that contains the entire volume, including all of the ACLs.
Since you can have links in AFS to the same volume multiple times, it's a
lot safer to do volume-based backups rather than walking AFS.

I could get you a copy of my dump script if you're interested; I'd just
have to scrub out all of our site-specific information.

Brian