Cool beans... all I had to do was delete the sysid file, restart the
server, and wait 20 minutes for salvager to do it's stuff.

Now back to running becnchmarks to see if I made any improvements.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Derrick Brashear
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2007 6:21 PM
To: OpenAFS Info
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] getting there... any ideas on how to fix

On Dec 9, 2007 5:18 PM, Jerry Normandin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] logs]# tail FileLog
Sun Dec  9 16:39:50 2007 File server starting
Sun Dec  9 16:39:50 2007 afs_krb_get_lrealm failed, using dafca.com.
Sun Dec  9 16:39:50 2007 VL_RegisterAddrs rpc failed; The IP address
exists on a different server; repair it

I whish the logs were a little more verbose.

You can't use the same uuid file on more than one server. At some point
a server was created by copying /usr/afs from one machine to another.
Copying the uuid file doesn't work.

        I removed the vlserver instance on eng02 since I created a new
one on
        eng03 and it works fine.  I deleted
        the vldb database file on eng02.  I restarted and still get the
same
        error.

If you mean the above error, yup, you did nothing to fix it, so, ...