Hi -

If the problem is happening when you are trying to cd into
a volume, then this is probably a case where the linkData
field of the vcache structure has somehow become corrupted.

The "fs flush" and "fs flushv" commands will NOT address this
part of the flushing.

If you have the

      fs flushmount <path to volume>

command, this will fix that problem.

Thanks

Todd

             Jeffrey Altman
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ndpoints.com>                                              To
             Sent by:                  "Christopher D. Clausen"
             openafs-info-admi         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                              cc
                                       Wesley Chow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
                                       openafs-info@openafs.org
             03/19/2008 02:24                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: [OpenAFS] perpetual Connection
                                       timed out

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                dpoints.com

Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
> Wesley Chow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Mike Garrison wrote:
>>> 1.4.1 is almost 2 years old. Have you tried upgrading? 1.4.6 is
>>> recent.
>> Yep, I'll do that. I was just hoping there was a "bos restart"-like
>> command for clients that I could use in the meantime. It's not a
>> common problem anyway, so I'll just upgrade.
>
> fs checks; fs checkv

fs checkserver won't help because the server is already
responding to queries for other volumes.

fs checkvolume might help if the problem is that the
cache manager is confused on which server the volume
is located on.

When the problem occurs I would execute "cmdebug <host> -long" and
find the FID of the mount point and the volume and see what its
status is.

Then I would try executing "fs flushvolume" against both the volume
containing the mountpoint and the volume that is exhibiting the
problem.

Jeffrey Altman

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: pic30336.gif>>