Just curious,

What makes you think running salvage is a good thing? I had gotten to the point where I would avoid running it like the plague -- using tools such as fast-restart -- and in the time I was running fast- restart, which included some rather nasty power events which took things down hard. And, believe it or not, even in those incidents I only had one or two volumes that I had to hand-salvage.

-rob