Michał Droździewicz wrote:
Derrick Brashear pisze:

Not what I expected. When you self-compiled 1.4.6 on Debian, I assume
you downloaded a tarfile from OpenAFS and did ./configure; make, yes?
What options, if any, to configure?

I've build a debian package using default debian options (1.4.6) and I've compiled from source with no options for ./configure except from --prefix In both cases the result was the same - slow speed around 8-12MiB (copying from local disk to AFS structure)

Are you sure your network interface is used in GBit/s mode with Debian and not just 100MBit-mode?

This could easily explain the low throughput.

Hartmut
Hartmut Reuter                  e-mail          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                phone            +49-89-3299-1328
                                fax              +49-89-3299-1301
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)    web    http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~hwr
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)